Say goodbye to the old you and hello to the new you with a little help from Cariloha bamboo. We’re leaving 2022 behind and embracing 2023 with open arms, open minds, and comfy beds. What better way to start anew than by setting your New Year’s resolutions with the softness and sustainability of bamboo behind you.
While proper diet and weight loss are good goals, and ones you should keep year round, we want to guide you toward goals you can easily attain and integrate into your daily life, giving you a better opportunity to actually accomplish them.
Here are three lifestyle changes Cariloha can help with for the New Year that will give you a better quality of your life:
Yes, being physically active at home, outdoors, or at the gym 4-5 days per week is one of the most common goals people set every year, but “working out” can be a very broad term. Without specifying what “working out” means to you, you could lose your motivation.
Try narrowing your view and making daily work-out goals. Here are a few examples:
- Take a walk for 15-30 minutes every day.
- Track your steps and make a goal to hit a specific number every day.
- Create a calendar that has different, simple body weight workouts each day that you can do at home; squats, lunges, sit-ups, etc.
Having a fitness goal doesn’t mean you have to immediately hit the gym and start bench pressing. Your body, mind and routine need time to warm-up. Start small and increase your goals as you go.
Feeling comfy and fresh while you’re at it helps, too. Update your activewear with soft, moisture-wicking, odor-repelling Cariloha activewear. Made from sustainable bamboo viscose, it’ll keep you cool and confident no matter the workout.
Why not make 2023 the year you get amazing sleep. Getting adequate sleep is so important because sleep helps your brain function better, keeps your emotions in check, and your weight under control. What can you do to get better sleep? Here are some ideas:
- Give yourself a structured bedtime routine. This routine helps your body unwind, relax and prepare for the next day. Your body and mind will recognize the structure.
- Switch out your bedding. Cariloha bedding, made from bamboo viscose, helps regulate sleep temperature, repels odors and allergens, and feels luxuriously soft against your skin – of which promote a deeper, healthier sleep.
- Limit daytime naps. Sometimes a power nap is necessary to energize you for the rest of the day, but sleeping too long during the day will definitely impact your nightly sleep.
Your body needs quality sleep to function at its best day in and day out. Start showing up rested and ready to go for yourself and others, beginning… now!
Take a green step forward into 2023 by reducing your carbon footprint and making the earth a better home for yourself and future generations. Doing so will cause you to feel and see a difference every day.
Goals for helping the environment don’t need to feel overwhelming. You don’t need to change your entire life, all at once, and go save the world by yourself. Instead, your small, simple steps contribute to the greater whole. It’s about you being more eco-conscious. One day at a time.
Here are a few simple ways you can help the environment:
- Shop sustainable, carbon-neutral products like Cariloha’s. Their products are made of viscose from bamboo, a better alternative to non-bamboo fabrics that benefits you and the environment. Bamboo is one of the most renewable resources on the planet. It grows organically without reseeding or harmful pesticides, reduces soil erosion and emits more oxygen into the atmosphere, helping to clean our air and our oceans.
- Take public transportation or walk whenever possible. Walking and public transportation are great to reduce your carbon footprint and fun ways to see different parts of your city you might not normally explore.
- Conserve energy. Unplug chargers and appliances when they’re not in use and switch to LED lights in your home. LED lights use far less energy and have a longer lifespan. They help the environment and your wallet.
What are some of your other fitness, sleep and environmental goals for 2023? Let us know in the comments.